Economic Development for the Town of Vermilion is holding a photo contest from
July 15, 2013 to October 15, 2013
(Entries will be taken up to midnight on October 15, 2013).
How the Contest will operate:
1. Capture a picture of your favorite place/event in Vermilion or area or a picture of a scenic Vermilion location. (Pictures must be taken within a 50 km radius of Vermilion)
2. Email your photo to email@example.com. Including Identification Information as outlined below.
3. On October 16th, 2013 visit the Town of Vermilion’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TownOfVermilion where all entries of the Photo Contest will be in an album named 2013 Economic Development Photo Contest under the Photos Tab.
4. Vote for what photos you like by hitting the “Like” Button.
5. The photos with the most “Likes” on November 1st at 5pm will win the contest!
6. These Contest Rules are also available on www.Facebook/TownofVermilion or in print at the Vermilion Town Office.
- The photography contest is open to Canadian residents only. Entrants who are under the age of 18 at the date of entry are eligible to enter and win provided his or her parents accept any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for the Photo Contest on behalf of such an entrant.
- Employees of the Town of Vermilion and/or their immediate family and agencies employed by the Town of Vermilion are prohibited from winning this contest. Image submissions are still accepted for publication purposed according to the contest rules.
Entries are limited to photos taken in this calendar year between July 15, 2013 and October 15, 2013.
- The entrant must be the photographer and have taken the photo within a 50 km radius of the Town of Vermilion.
Pictures that are submitted must include
- Photographer’s Name
- Guardians Name (if entrant under 18 years old)
- Full Mailing Address including Town/City/Province and Postal Code.
- Daytime Phone number
- Fax number (if applicable)
- E-Mail Address
- Date Photo was Taken
- Location of Photograph
Note: Does the photograph include identifiable subjects (including you)? Could they/you identify them if they viewed the image?
If yes, please have the identifiable subjects in the photograph complete a Photo Rights Acknowledgement Waiver Form. All subject(s) must have signed a separate release for the contest submission to be valid. Regardless of appearance of the identifiable subjects, all submissions must accompany a signed and completed photos rights agreement completed by the original photographer.
Submission of Entries:
- Photographs must be previously unpublished. Photographs that have been published in any form prior to entry into the contest will be disqualified. The photographer must own all rights to any photograph entered in this contest. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photograph raises no legal claims. Accordingly, you hereby agree to compensate the sponsors fully regarding any claims arising out of the use of your photographs.
- Format: All photographs must be digital images and be in sharp focus. For digital images, the original file resolution must be saved at a print quality of 600 pixels/inch or greater at an image size of 4″x 6″. It is recommended that digital cameras be set at their “highest” or “best” resolution to ensure the highest quality image possible. Digital manipulations will be disqualified.
- Each photograph that includes identifiable subjects (people etc) must be accompanied by a separate, signed release from the identifiable subject in the photograph. Releases that cannot be verified for authenticity by the Town of Vermilion, for any reason (including missing, incorrect or incomplete contact information on the release form) will result in the disqualification of the entry.
- All entries become the exclusive property of the Town of Vermilion and will not be returned to the photographer. By submitting the entry form in the Town of Vermilion Facebook Contest, the entrant grants the Town of Vermilion unrestricted and exclusive rights to the use the photograph for any purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, publishing your photograph in print or electronic form or for promotional purposes without further compensation, to the photographer or subject.
- Your personal image and information will be used in a manner consistent with the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- The Town of Vermilion or their agents or assigns are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected entries, or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions or other error of any kinds whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Entry into the photography contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prize(s) offered for the contest. We reserve the right to change or substitute any prize with prizes of equivalent or greater value.
- This contest is void wherever restricted or prohibited by federal, provincial, or municipal laws.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judging committee, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrants grant to the Town of Vermilion the right to use and publish their proper name and province of residence online, in print or any other media format, in connection with the photography contest.
- By entering, participants release, indemnify and hold harmless the Town of Vermilion and agencies employed by the Town of Vermilion , as well as any directors, officers, or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, the Town of Vermilion reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
There is a total of one (1) prize to be won. The Facebook Photo Contest prize will be a 32GB iPad.
The contest winner must be able to pick up the prize in person at the Town of Vermilion Office located at 5021 – 49 Ave Vermilion, AB
In the event of a tie, the tied photos will be uploaded to a new photo album and a separate contest with the tied photos will be launched to find the winner.
Photo Rights Acknowledgement Waiver Form.
2013 July 15 Facebook Photo Contest Waiver
Town of Vermilion
5021 49 Ave
Twitter – @NewIdeas4Living ~ for Economic Development & Tourism Info OR @TownofVermilion ~ for General Information