New Construction Waste Regulations
Size constraints will be placed on everything that goes into the waste building located at the Vermilion Transfer Station. Items that do not meet the specifications will be refused at the gate.
The following must be cut to 4-foot lengths before they will be accepted:
- Vinyl Siding
- Plastic Pipe
- Plastic Hose (larger than 1 inch in diameter)
- Railroad Ties (creosote treated)
- Laminate Flooring
- Fiberglass Bathtubs – Must be cut in at least 4 pieces.
- Hot Tubs – Must have the wood exteriors removed, and the tub must be cut into pieces not to exceed 2 feet by 4 feet.
- Shingles – Must be removed from the wood structure
- Metal Kitchen Chairs – Must have the cushions removed and the metal frames should be placed in the metal compound.
- Flooring – Must not be placed in the burn pit of non-wood material is attached, and the flooring must be cut into pieces no larger than 2 feet by 4 feet.
- Hoses – Must be coiled and secured with twine or wire.
PLEASE NOTE: Items that go into the burn pit or in the metal pile do not have size constraints.
The Vermilion River Regional Waste Management Services Commission thanks everyone for complying with disposal rules at the Transfer Station.