Municipal Enforcement Services

Vermilion Municipal Enforcement is committed to serving and improving our community, through the use of the community-based policing model. The Town of Vermilion employs a sworn Community Peace Officer, appointed by the Alberta Solicitor General and Minister of Public Security as authorized under the Peace Officer Act.

The Community Peace Officer is responsible for the education, investigation and enforcement of certain provincial acts and municipal by-laws for the Town of Vermilion and the Village of Mannville. The Municipal Enforcement Peace Officer works with allied law enforcement and emergency response agencies to ensure the needs of the community are met on all levels. Municipal Enforcement is recognized as supplemental to, and not a replacement for, the RCMP.

The Municipal Enforcement Peace Officer engages in a diverse set of duties including but not limited to:

-Vehicle Patrols of Residential, Commercial and Industrial areas
-Parking and Traffic Offenses
-Animal Control/Protection
-Snowmobile/OHV Enforcement
-Unsightly Properties
-Liquor Offences
-Weed Inspection
-Attend Special Events to Assist in Public Safety
-Public Education Presentations and Programs

On this site you may view the Town’s Bylaws and also Frequently Asked Questions about the Town’s Bylaws.

Filing a Complaint
You can make a complaint online by clicking the box to the right, or call 780.581.2407.  Municipal Enforcement will collect your name, current address and phone number as well as information related to the complaint. If you wish to make a complaint by phone but are calling after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned the next operating day.

Stray Animals
If you find a lost or stray animal, please do one of the following:
Call (780) 581-2407 to be connected with a Peace Officer who will contact the owner and/or pick up the animal. If it is after hours, your call will be returned the following operating day.
If it is safe to do so, take the animal to the Vermilion Veterinary Clinic (4401 47 Ave) and they will have the Town contact the owner.
If you have lost a pet, follow these steps:
~ Immediately look around your neighbourhood.
~ Call the Vermilion Veterinary Clinic (780) 853-5904 to see if       your pet has been turned in.
~ Check with Municipal Enforcement (780) 581-2407 to make sure that the contact information associated with your license    is correct.  If your pet is licensed and wearing tags, Municipal Enforcement will contact you if your pet is found.




Contact Information

Community Peace Officer
Ph: 780-853-5358
Fax: 780-853-4910