Boards, Committee and Association Appointments:
- Assessment Review Board
- Composite Assessment Review Board
- Finance and Administration Budget
- Finance and Administration General
- North East Alberta Information HUB Ltd. (Alternate)
- Public Safety and Protection Services
- Physician Retention & Recruitment Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Town/County Inter-Municipal Liaison Committee
Harp Khela was elected to the Town of Vermilion Council in 2013. Being a Councillor in one of Alberta’s busiest regions, Harp is committed to working for the town to ensure healthy growth and expanding the Town’s commercial, industrial, and residential sectors.
Harp brings his experience and passion for business and sustainability to the Town Hall. He has brought forward initiatives that support the community’s plans for growth and attracting large development into Vermilion.
Harp is a Managing Director, Developer and has sat on the BC Student Aid Board since 2011. Since moving to Alberta after a promising career in Real Estate, Harp has developed and currently manages commercial businesses in Vermilion for which he was awarded the 2013 President’s Choice Award by the Vermilion & District Chamber of Commerce.
Born and raised in British Columbia, Harp received his Education at the University of British Columbia studying to become a Realtor followed by a bachelor’s degree majoring in Political Science and minor in Asian Culture. Harp has also volunteered with the David Sazuki Foundation to strategically promote environmental sustainability to ethnic communities.