Vermilion Municipal Enforcement is committed to serving and improving our community, through the use of the community-based policing model. The Town of Vermilion employs a sworn Community Peace Officer, appointed by the Alberta Solicitor General and Minister of Public Security as authorized under the Peace Officer Act. For more information on the Town of Vermilion’s Municipal Enforcement Services click on the link to the right under “Contact”.
Why do we have bylaws?
Bylaws have been in existence since the mid 1800’s. Previously, neighbors would solve their disagreements in very barbaric ways. The creation of bylaws and their enforcement was established to allow neighbors to live in harmony with each other.Bylaws help ensure personal safety and educate and guide people about how to comply with the rules of living in Vermilion. Following these rules contributes to making Vermilion a safe and beautiful town to live in or visit.
Bylaws – Frequently Asked Questions?
Bylaw Article – National Cat Statistics
Bylaw Article – Reasons to License Your Pet
Bylaw Article – RV Parking Information
Bylaw Article – Scentless Chamomile
Bylaw Article – St. Jerome’s School Parking Zone
Bylaw Article – Tips for preventing Dog Complaints
Bylaw Article – The Outside Cat
Bylaw Article – Transporting Load Information
Bylaw Article – Unwanted cats on your property
Bylaw Article – Vermilion Elementary School Parking Zone
Bylaw Article – Yard Sale Signs
Additional website links that may be of interest to you are below.
- Bylaw – Responsible Pet Ownership
- Bylaw – Business License
- Bylaw – Fire Pit
- Bylaw – Nuisances & Unsightly Properties
- Bylaw – Traffic Safety Bylaw
- Bylaw – Smoking and Vaping
- Bylaw – Cannabis Regulation and Control
- Bylaw – Local Improvement Construction
- Bylaw – Local Improvement Borrowing
- Bylaw – Airport Advisory Committee
- Bylaw – 2019 Tax Rate
- Bylaw – Wastewater Treatment Plant Borrowing
- Bylaw – Operating Expenses Borrowing
- Bylaw – Subdivision Fees
- Bylaw – Parks, Recreation and Culture Board
- Bylaw – Off-Site Levy for Land to be Subdivided
- BYLAW Municipal Library Board
- Bylaw Municipal Emergency Management